FiberFlies PixelWhip 4
PixelWhips are an amazing and versatile LED prop that are great for performance and play, festivals and raves, techy spinners or flailing dancers!
Fiberflies PixelWhip 4 is the best around.
PERFECT FOR DANCE
The long strands of fibre optics create a myriad of bright, sparkling points of light. There are many strands of differing lengths on each PixelWhip, ranging from 30cm to 180cm. Whipping is a unique and incredibly versatile form of object manipulation. The long and customisable fibre strands and the grip's weight opens up a lot of possibilities.
Moves, where you grip the fibres, allow poi and rope dart style moves. Double Whipping (using two whips) also allows for poi style tricks. You can even weave or braid the fibres to play differently again (braided fibres are easier to use).
The Pixelwhip 4 has 40 colour modes split into four groups. The durable handle includes a soft, grippy foam that can be removed for battery maintenance. The handle features a single button to turn the lights on and cycle through the modes. The inbuilt swivel is very smooth and allows you to move the fibre optics in every way imaginable without twisting the strands. The high-quality polymer the fibre optics are made from mean they are also very hard-wearing.
The PixelWhip is powered by a single rechargeable 18650 Li-ion battery which is supplied along with a charger. A full charge will give you up to 8 hours of glow. CAUTION: non-protected 18650 batteries could damage your PixelWhip. If you buy extra batteries from another source, make sure they have a protected circuit. Your PixelWhip may arrive with the battery inserted in reverse to prevent accidental power loss. When you first receive your PixelWhip, the battery may not be fully charged. The battery may need to be charged for 8 hours or more.
We also sell a replacement head for any worn-out/broken fibres and for customising your whip. Or an upgraded MEGA head to add more lights, more colours, more options!
How soon and how many fibres you lose depends mainly on how hard you whip. Play hard, and you may need a new head every three months!
Some tips to prolong the life of your fibres:
Fibre grip moves cause the fibres to break more. If you get tangled, don’t pull. Go back the other way until you can free the whip. Avoid hitting with too much force on hard surfaces! Don’t step on the fibres! Jewellery and buckles can break the fibres if they get caught in them. Clean the fibres regularly and use personal silicone lube. If the fibres are very dirty, you can try 3-IN-ONE All-Temperature Silicone Oil.
Remember – the fibres can injure your eyes! Wearing safety glasses is recommended! Not intended for use by children under 14.
MAKE IT YOUR OWN
A standard length for light whipping is around 180cm, but this depends on personal preference and the whipping style. Short arms? You might prefer a shorter whip. A lot of whippers like to have extra heads they can trim to the desired length.
Want a new effect from your whip? Try cutting only the longest fibres to keep the full volume of the bundle. Try cutting the same length off all the fibres to keep the spacing evenly distributed. Mix it up, have fun, create something new for you! Try braiding or weaving your fibres to make it a single or double strand rope. This allows for a more rope dart-like and less “wild” style of play. Braided whips are easier to control.
- 1 x Fiberflies Pixel Whip Rev4 body
- 1 x Fiberflies Pixelwhip Fiber whip head
- 1 x 18650 Li-ion battery with protection circuit
- 1 x USB powered Li-ion charger
EVEN MORE FEATURES!
- Easily removed without the need for any tools.
- Expertly designed for all fibres to be illuminated with minimal light loss.
- The bend guard is curved to reflect light, and the bend is optimally designed for fibres to bend during use with minimal kinks and snaps occurring at the base.
- The fibre epoxy between the fibre bundle & fibre plug holds firm. Making it safe to hold the fibres and swing the handle for rope dart and poi play styles.
- Each fibre is 0.75mm thick. This size was chosen because compared to a 1mm thick fibre, it moves and handles better.
- 80 fibres (give or take a few) looks and feels great.
- Fibres are cut precisely in a deliberate pattern. The bright end points are distributed for maximum effect, each fibre being approx 2cm longer than the last. The result is finished by max length fibres at the end, giving the end a very full and bright point.
- Fibres are soft and not brittle. They won’t easily snap at room temperature (not without serious misuse). Cold fibres are more brittle, so it’s recommended to warm them at cold temperatures.
- Fibres are sourced from the best Plastic optical fibre (POF) manufacturer.
- Fibres are supplied pre-lubed with a premium silicone lubricant which is non-reactive and preserves the fibre’s coating. It’s also hypoallergenic to protect your human coating.
- An informed choice was made NOT to offer "Side-Sparkle" fibres. The manufacturing process for these sparkles is to use a blade to make tiny slices on the fibre’s surface. Slices = weak points and reduce the durability of the fibres. If you want a side-sparkle effect with less damage, you can rub the fibres with sand.
|Country of Manufacture||China|
- Gora Collapsible Fire fans$155.00