Our NJ warehouse is back open so all orders will be sent same day as usual
We have a core crew working in isolated shifts to process orders from both of our warehouses
All phone lines and email channels are open as per usual
Can't find what you're looking for?Get in touch!
Unsure? Our returns policy is excellent!
The Fiber 3 Contact Fire Staff is the 3rd generation of our ultra-strong pure fiberglass core fire staffs. The Fiber 3 range has been specifically designed to be used as contact staffs. The fiberglass core is heavy, resulting in an outstanding amount of momentum. This means that the Fiber 3s continue to rotate, and feel like they're stuck to you, even at slow speeds.
The 5' 3" (160cm) version is a fantastic staff for single contact. This size has the biggest wicks in the range, focusing a large amount of weight at the staff's extremities. The long length amplifies the weight at the ends to give it an astonishing amount of momentum - many experienced contact staffers prefer these longer lengths for that reason. However, the 5' 3" (160cm) is a bit long for doubles, unless you're very tall and strong.
The Fiber 3s have a number of innovative features:
- The fiberglass core is so strong that these staffs are virtually indestructible. Fiberglass also doesn't conduct heat well meaning the shaft will not get hot, even after repeated burns. The diskreet flex provided by the core is firm enough to not hinder play but it can still absorb shock from the highest throws.
- Aluminum heat shields and bash guards cover 8" of either end of the staff. These help to concentrate weight at the extremities adding momentum and fluidity to the staff.
- The 5' 3" (160cm) model comes equipped with two whopping burners each made from 31.4" x 4.7" wide wick, considerably more than some other brands of fire staff, and the largest wicks in our range. The large wicks guarantee long lasting and consistent burns and add further weight to the ends of the staff providing yet more momentum.
- There are two types of grip available on the Fiber 3s; silicone or cushion grip:
The silicone grip provides a huge amount of friction and is fused to the core with a heat and fuel proof silicone adhesive. The silicone grip also comes marked with a center point and two other handy points equidistant from the center. These two marks are usefully positioned at the areas you would hold the staff for entry into moves like the SNES or Matrix.
The cushion grip is the same padded grip we use on our aluminum staffs, only twice the length. This gives a large area of friction that will forgive those little inaccuracies. The cushion grip performs slightly better than the silicone in wet conditions and and is easily re-gripped. Unfortunately the extra cost of this quality grip means the staff is slightly more expensive than its silicone counterpart.
- Most other, non-Firetoys, staffs have a limited lifespan as the wicks are secured with screws that eventually wear away the core. The bolts we use to attach the wick to the shaft go right through the entire burner and screw into each other ensuring the wicks are tightly secured and easy to replace. The biggest advantage these bolts give our staffs over others on the market is that they won't cause deterioration to the core during re-wicking as they screw into each other and not the core. This greatly increases the life of our fire staffs.
The Fiber 3 Contact Fire Staffs have been tried and tested by many awesome contact staffers who have provided feedback resulting in the work horse of a staff you see before you. The Fiber 3s are hugely popular and have become a favorite among contact staff spinners in the UK and internationally.
New to contact staff? Check out this instructional book on the basics. Got some contact skills down already? This contact staff video might provide some inspiration.
All our own props are manufactured in our sustainably powered, 1700 square foot workshop.
We promise not to spam you!