Fibre 3 Contact Fire Staff by Firetoys
The Fiber 3 Contact Fire Staff is the 3rd generation of our ultra-strong pure fiberglass core fire staffs. The Fiber 3 range has been specifically designed to be used as contact staffs. The fiberglass core is heavy, resulting in an outstanding amount of momentum. This means that the Fiber 3s continue to rotate, and feel like they're stuck to you, even at slow speeds.
The 3' 3" (100cm) version is ideal for shorter people and those who are venturing into doubles contact.
The Fiber 3s have a number of innovative features:
- The fiberglass core is so strong that these staffs are virtually indestructible. Fiberglass also doesn't conduct heat well meaning the shaft will not get hot, even after repeated burns. The diskreet flex provided by the core is firm enough to not hinder play but it can still absorb shock from the highest throws.
- Aluminum heat shields and bash guards cover 10" of either end of the staff. These help to concentrate weight at the extremities adding momentum and fluidity to the staff.
- The 3' 3" (100cm) model comes equipped with two whopping burners each made from 31.4" x 3.1" wide wick, considerably more than some other brands of fire staff. The large wicks guarantee long lasting and consistent burns and add further weight to the ends of the staff providing yet more momentum.
- The silicone grip provides a huge amount of friction and is fused to the core with a heat and fuel proof silicone adhesive. The silicone grip also comes marked with a center point and two other handy points equidistant from the center. These two marks are usefully positioned at the areas you would hold the staff for entry into moves like the SNES or Matrix.
- Most other, non-Firetoys, staffs have a limited lifespan as the wicks are secured with screws that eventually wear away the core. The bolts we use to attach the wick to the shaft go right through the entire burner and screw into each other ensuring the wicks are tightly secured and easy to replace. The biggest advantage these bolts give our staffs over others on the market is that they won't cause deterioration to the core during re-wicking as they screw into each other and not the core. This greatly increases the life of our fire staffs.
The Fiber 3 Contact Fire Staffs have been tried and tested by many awesome contact staffers who have provided feedback resulting in the work horse of a staff you see before you. The Fiber 3s are hugely popular and have become a favorite among contact staff spinners in the UK and internationally.
All our own props are manufactured in our sustainably powered, 1700 square foot workshop.
|Country of Manufacture||UK|
|Amount of Wick (per burner)||31.4" x 3.1"|
|Staff Spinning Style||Single Spinning, Doubles, Contact, Double contact|