Can't find what you're looking for?Get in touch!
Unsure? Our returns policy is excellent!
After years in the making it's finally here... the Babache Evolution 2 bearing axle! The axle is available on its own over here or you can buy it installed on a Finesse G4 diabolo right here.
The Mr Babache Finesse G4 diabolo is a top of the range, light weight diabolo. Like the G3 finesse diabolo, it's made from a resistant, flexible rubber polymer moulded into a thin butterfly shape allowing you to perform close body moves easily using either one or two diabolos.
The G4 (fourth generation model) has been remoulded to focus even more weight towards the rims of the cups than in previous versions of the Finesse. This adds momentum to the edges of the diabolo, therefore increasing spin times. The G4 is also 0.7oz (20g) heavier than the G3, giving the G4 that extra bit of oomph.
The Finesse G4's wide cups give this diabolo great stage visibility and an easy grip position for throw ins.
Add the Evolution 2 Bearing Axle to this amazing diabolo and you have something really outstanding! As you'd expect from Mr B this bearing axle is a dream:
It's almost totally silent, even after we tested this axle for several hours there was no change in noise levels.
The shape of this axle is a tight V-shape, similar to the Henry's Free Hub. Like the Sundia bearings, the Evolution 2 meets the hubs at an angle to reduce friction and ensure the longest spin time.
This bearing axle is extremely stable and provides you with much higher rpm than a fixed axle.
There's the reason why Babache took several years to release the Evolution 2 - they wouldn't settle for anything but the very best.
There are, however, a few downsides to bearing axles.
1. Unlike conventional fixed axle diabolos the axle will need replacing once the bearings wear out.
2. Elevator tricks (magic string climb) are impossible.
The Evolution 2 bearing axle is also nice and wide (the width hub to hub is 0.9" (22mm) with this axle - the same as the Evo 1 finger axle) aiding stick and finger grinds and opening up many other tricks. Even with the Evo 2 fitted this diabolo is still compatible with the other Babache Evolution kits, though obviously you'd have to remove the Evo 2 to install an Evo 1 wide axle kit.
- The G4 can be fine tuned with the use Finesse Evolution 3 kits that add balanced weights to either side of the diabolo (available in 0.21oz (6g) and 0.35oz (10g)).
- The recently released Babache Evolution kit 5 - Prisma adds bling to your spin. These kits are basic plastic decorations but they are well weighted and look quite good on stage.
- The Evolution Kit 7 is a freestyle hub replacing the standard Finesse Diabolo hubs.
Please note, this is for the diabolo with Evo 2 axle fitted only. You may want one of our diabolo sets or just our selection of diabolo handsticks.
We promise not to spam you!